Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) is available through Your Dentist Darwin. It is a scheme run by Medicare that provides up to $1,000 over 2 calendar years towards the cost of dental treatment for eligible children.
The CDBS is for children aged 2 to 17 who are eligible for Medicare and who also receive at least one of the following benefits:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Help under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) if the child is 16 years or older
- Help under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme if the child is 16 or older
Terms & Conditions
- You child must be eligible under the CDBS. Click here to check whether your child is eligible.
- If your child is eligible, the CDBS will cover dental services including examinations, routine cleaning, repairing cracked teeth, fillings and root canals. It doesn’t cover orthodontic treatment (such as braces to straighten crooked teeth), any dental work that needs to be done in hospital, or cosmetic dental procedures (such as replacing missing teeth) or mouth guards.
Take home teeth whitening kit plus scale & clean – $399*
Terms & Conditions
- Any Surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- Patients will require an assessment and an oral hygiene visit (Included in this package) before undertaking whitening treatment. Any other dental services required prior to undertaking teeth whitening service will be at the patient’s expense.
- This offer includes; dental examination/consultation (014 or 013), scale and clean (114), individual whitening/fluoride tray (926 x 2), impression/instruction-home whitening (119×2) and the whitening gel (927) ; unless one or more of these items are deemed unsuitable for the patient, in the clinical opinion of the Practitioner.
- Not all patients are suitable candidates for teeth whitening, Services will only be provided where clinically necessary and appropriate. Results vary for each individual. Please contact your dentist to discuss if you are eligible teeth whitening and what results may be achievable for you.
- The discount is applied after the HICAPS rebate is applied. If patient does not have available health fund rebates (including but not limited to situations such as limit reached, item not covered, waiting period), patient can be charged up to $399 fee to make up for the short fall.
- Health fund limits and rules apply – Please refer to your health fund provider for rebate information and to see if you are eligible for benefits for this treatment.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other product or service.
- Not all products are available, please contact us to determine the range of whitening products available.